Thursday, March 22, 2012

Packing / Unpacking - Reuse Reuse Reuse Reuse

Yep! Petra's Projects is back online & have we got ourselves some projects!!!

Before we dive into the many restore/upgrade/renovate projects, we must unpack.  That's right, we've moved again.  This time we've moved back to a house that we have lived in before & still have dreams of bringing this poor thing back to life again with a lot of love, (& paint, & hardware, & electrical, & windows, & doors, & stained glass, & flooring, &, &, &, &, ...)   Yet, again I am distracted!

Must unpack!
Packing materials can be expensive & I learned during my previous move, that sometimes the packing materials are not accepted in local recycling programs.  (bummer).  So, this time I used paper towels & paper bags to wrap & pack all my breakables.  Very inexpensive compared to packing papers.   AND everything I used is reusable, recyclable (in my area), & compost-able!

Reusable, Recyclable, and Compost-able!


I picked up a couple packages of paper lunch bags at the dollar store & now have lunch bags for lunch, puppets, gift wrapping, etc.

I picked up a bulk package of paper towels at Costco & now have towels, napkins, water-colorable butterfly wings, etc.


I stopped by my local grocery & purchased a 50cnt bundle of grocery bags for $2 & now have recycling containers, thick crafting paper, postal wrap, gift wrap, etc.


We will have plenty of crafting supplies by the time packing is complete!

No comments: