Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pickled Beans - FOUND IT!!!!

We did extensive research on pickled beans a couple years ago.  
John endured taste-test after taste-test.  
A matrix of samples were designed 
& sent to work with him to 
finally determine which 
recipe 
would 
become 
THEE 
recipe.

The decision was made.


The ingredients acquired.



The beans pickled.




The beans devoured.






And then.....  we moved and I lost the recipe.  
Seriously?!?! 
Yep.  
I lost it.



UNTIL TODAY 
WHEN I FOUND IT, 
one year and 12 days 
since 
we've 
moved
!!!

So, here's the deal.  I refuse to lose this top-secret family-created taste-tested approved selected recipe again.   I am putting this mission in your hands to keep it for your eyes only - unless of course I ask you again what the recipe was, because I will totally forget that I blogged it.

Bring to boil
1c            h2o
1.5c        wht vngr
1.5c        cider vngr

per jar
1 t           salt
2 T          sugar
1 t           dill
1 t           peppercorn
2              dry bay leaves
2 t           garlic powder
2              dried mini red peppers
2 T          dried diced onion
1              fresh green chile
½ t          alum (if wanting crispy)

Pack w/ green beans
Fill with boil vngr mix

No comments: